Scortex is looking for a Product Manager - Engineering, to join our team focused on architecting and enabling solutions for the engineering group.
You will be supporting the core engineering team as well as the customer engineering team in their programs to help build out the Scortex platform. Your role will consist of managing multiple programs where you will prioritize, scope and coordinate the development of our platform through direct engagement with the engineering team.
You will be responsible for the whole product lifecycle.
Key components of the role
- Develop and manage product roadmap and schedules.
- Understand basic fundamentals of iterative development. Plan product development sprints and run the agile product development process.
- Understand our goals and business strategy and deliver a product that reflects our unique perspective on how to achieve these goals.
- Align roadmap with hardware development and manufacturing cycles.
- Manage the roadmap: capture work from a wide range of inputs, understand and prioritise this work so your team is always working on the most impactful projects.
- Deeply know the problems that you’re tackling through research and regular interaction with the various customer facing teams ; define and frame those problems for the team
- Collaborate with your team in thinking big, to imagining future solutions that solve these problems.
- Keep all parties and stakeholders informed through a thorough communication.
- Scope these solutions to their smallest coherent state to ship to customers as early as you can.
- Work closely with software engineers developing the solutions, to understand, influence and drive the build of the solution in alignment with the business requirements, and ruthlessly prioritize feature requests and bug fixes.
- Constantly evaluate if your solutions have solved the problem through quantitative and qualitative measures, both in beta’s and after full release.
- Own and maintain the quality of the product areas your team are responsible for; deliver world-class software in every release.
- Motivate a group of committed, smart people to do the best work of their careers.